Introducing MasterCard® SecureCode
MasterCard® SecureCode enhances your current MasterCard® account with a secret code to protect against unauthorized use of your card when you shop at participating merchants.
Here are answers to 7 common questions about the MasterCard® debit card.
1. “Tell me, how does the MasterCard® debitcard work?
It works just like a regular ATM card at ATMs: You use it with your PIN to get cash. At stores, restaurants, and other MasterCard® merchants, you present the card to the cashier, sign the receipt, and your purchase will be deducted right from your checking account just like a check. And if you use your MasterCard® MasterMoney debit card to place a phone order, you just give your card number and expiration date to the catalog or ticket order representative.
2. “So when I shop with it, I follow the same steps as when I use a credit card, right?”
Right! Your MasterCard® MasterMoney debit card will be accepted by merchants just like any MasterCard® credit card. But it’s not a credit card, because purchases are deducted from your checking account – which means you don’t pay interest charges on the things you buy (unless you access an overdraft line of credit).
3. “Can I use my MasterCard® debit card anywhere?”
You can use your new MasterCard® MasterMoney debit card to get cash at ATMs wherever you see the logos that are on the back of your card. And now you can also use it to shop wherever you see the MasterCard® logo, too.
4. “Will my MasterCard® debit card purchases appear on my monthly checking account statement?”
Yes. If you shop with a MasterCard® MasterMoney debit card, the amount, date, and even the name of the place where you used it will all appear on your statement along with the checks you write and your ATM transactions. Having all of your transactions on one statement helps you keep better track of your spending.
5. “Can I still use my checks when I shop?”
That’s completely up to you. Although once you see how much more convenient it is to shop with your MasterCard® MasterMoney debit card, you will probably use checks less and less.
6. “What happens if my MasterCard® debit card is lost or stolen?”
If your card is lost or stolen, you can get your card replaced and limit the loss of your money simply by reporting the loss or theft or any unauthorized transactions promptly.
7. “How do I get a MasterCard® debit card?”
Please complete the Debit Card application and return to the branch closest to you. To view this pdf document you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe by clicking on the Get Acrobat Reader icon below.
Visa / MasterCard® Credit Card
You choose to bank with us, so carry our card!
As your financial institution, we have a credit card that is right for you, including Visa, MasterCard® Gold, Platinum Visa and the Flex Miles Card that rewards you with free airline tickets.
These cards are accepted worldwide at businesses, financial institutions and ATMs displaying the CIRRUS logo.
There’s no easier way to apply. Just complete this application and mail it back. Please complete the Visa® & MasterCard® application and mail to the address below. To view this pdf document you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe by clicking on the Get Acrobat Reader icon below.
We’ll quickly process your application so you can start using your card right away. Mail to:
Union State Bank #3450
Card Service Center
P. O. Box 569130
Dallas, TX 75356-8905
Enjoy the benefits of FLEX MILES!
When you choose one of our Flex Miles cards, in addition to a Preferred Rate on your card purchases you will receive the following travel benefits:
- 1,000 Bonus Miles just for opening your account
- For every dollar you spend in purchases on your enrolled card you’ll earn a matching Flex Miles point toward free air travel!
- Travel can be redeemed for as little as 18,000 points for a round-trip ticket up to a $360 value. You can also accumulate miles toward greater rewards.
- There are no blackout dates and no seat restrictions. We make it easy for you to get to your destination of your choice. After all, it’s YOUR VACATION!
- Pre-Trip Assistance
- Emergency Ticket Replacement
Use your Flex Miles card instead of cash or checks for all those everyday purchases you’re already making – everything from gasoline and groceries to car repairs and home furnishings – and watch your Flex Miles add up fast!
See your new account representative for application and details or contact card service center at 800-367-7576 or write Card Service Center, P. O. Box 569120, Dallas, Texas 75356-9120.